UVM Interview Questions
The most frequently asked UVM interview questions are listed below
Basic Level Questions
- Why do we need UVM methodology?
- Difference between uvm_object and uvm_component
- Difference between uvm_transaction and uvm_sequence_item
- Difference between create and new()
- Difference between copy and clone
- Difference between uvm_resource_db and uvm_config_db
- What is severity and verbosity in UVM?
- Difference between sequence and sequencer.
- How to run any test case in UVM?
Intermediate level questions
- What are the UVM factory and its use?
- Why phases are introduced in UVM? What are all phases present in UVM?
- What approach does build_phase use and why?
- Draw and explain the verification environment in UVM.
- What all UVM phases take time?
- What all phases are functions and tasks in UVM?
- Why do we use the super’ keyword in phases likes super.build_phase, super.main_phase etc?
- Difference between `uvm_do and `uvm_rand_send.
- What are bottom-up and top-down approaches in UVM phases?
- How do uvm_config_db set/get work?
- What is an analysis port?
- When pre_body and post_body used in sequence
- What is an active and passive agent?
- Difference between UVM subscriber and UVM scoreboard
- What is uvm objection and why do we need it?
- What is a sequence item in UVM?
- Explain how the sequence starts.
- How do sequence, driver, and sequencer communicate?
- What are lock and grab methods?
- What are the RAL model and its application?
- What do you mean by the front-door and back-door register access?
- What is TLM?
- What is TLM FIFO?
- What is run_test?
- Explain generalized code structure for UVM monitor and scoreboard.
- What is an in-order and out-of-order scoreboard?
Difficult level questions
- Difference between p_sequencer and m_sequencer
- What is the virtual sequence? Is it necessary to have virtual sequencer for virtual sequence?
- Explain the virtual sequencer and its use.
- What is the UVM barrier and its usage?
- What is the UVM heartbeat and its usage?
- What is SIngleton object and its usage?